Apply for Citizenship

To be able to apply for citizenship through naturalization, you have to meet the following requirements. You should: Be 18 years of age or above.A lawful permanent resident for 5 years (3 years if married to a US citizen).Have maintained continuous residence during the past 5 years (3 years if married to a US citizen).Have maintained physical presence during the past 5 years (3 years if married to a US citizen).Have good moral character.Have basic knowledge of English.Have basic knowledge of US government and history.Be willing to take the Oath of Allegiance.

Immigration Services

Rosales Professional Services in Thousand Oaks, California, provides immigration services from experts that help you with green card applications and other changes to your status. We provide a welcome environment, and our office is staffed with bilingual professionals ready to help you with your needs.

When you contact us with questions about our immigration services, we are confident that our experts are capable of solving your immigration issues. We provide assistance with applying for a legal residency card (green card), citizenship, change of address, or other changes to your status. Our team also investigates the priority dates current with the United States Immigration Service.

Permanent Resident

United States permanent residents are persons who have been authorized to live and work in the United States permanently. Permanent residents are issued a green card or a permanent resident card (hence, the name "green card holders") to prove their status.

What is Adjustment of Status?

Adjustment of Status (AOS) is the process through which you become a green card holder of the United States. Nonimmigrants already physically present in the United States, such as temporary workers or fiancés of American citizens, may apply to adjust their temporary status to become green card holders (permanent residents).

AOS Adjustment of Status

AOS is only for persons who are currently residing in the United States on a temporary, nonimmigrant visa. If you wish to become a permanent resident but you are not currently in the United States and do not have a valid United States visa, then you will need to apply for a green card through consular processing.

Application for Green Card (Permanent Resident)

Form I-485 is the application for a Green Card (permanent residence). Before filing Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, you must first determine your basis to immigrate and file the appropriate immigrant petition, if necessary. There are four immigrant categories through which you can immigrate: family, employee, special class and humanitarian programs.

Renew Green Card

Form I-90 is the application to replace or renew your green card. You may file Form I-90 if your green card has been: LostStolenDestroyedDamagedYour card was issued but never receivedYour existing card has incorrect information on itYour name or other information has been legally changedYour card will expire within six monthsYou are a permanent resident who is taking on commuter statusYou are 14 years old and your existing card will expire after or before your 16thbirthdayYou are a commuter who is taking up residence in the United StatesYou have been automatically converted to permanent resident status If you are a conditional permanent resident who obtained permanent residence through marriage or entrepreneurship, you will not file Form I-90. Conditional residence through marriage should file Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions of Residence. Condition residence through investment should file Form I-829, Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions.

Sponsor My Immigrant Relative for a Green Card, File Form I-130

As a Citizen of the United States you may file Form I-130 to sponsor any of the following family members: Spouse: husband or wifeChild/Children: son or daughter, no age requirement or limit If you, the sponsoring Citizen, are 21 years old or older you may also file Form I-130 for: Parents: father or motherSiblings: brother or sister As a Green Card Holder, also known as permanent resident of the United States, you may file Form I-130 to sponsor any of the following family members: Spouse: husband or wifeChild/Children: unmarried son or daughter, no age requirement or limit Note: Only US Citizens can sponsor their married child(ren)

Application for Temporary Protected Status Form I-821

Individuals who were born in certain countries and meet all other eligibility requirements may be able to apply for Form I-821. With our Form Navigator™ we guide you through this process, ensure you meet the eligibility requirements and complete your Form I-821 accurately.

What is temporary protected status?

The Secretary of Homeland Security designates foreign countries for Temporary Protected Status (TPS). TPS is granted if conditions in the country prevent its nationals from returning home safely or if for some reason the country is not able to properly handle the homecoming of its nationals. TPS is granted in circumstances such as civil unrest, armed conflict and natural disasters.

Temporary Protected Status Countries

The following countries have Temporary Protected Status that expires on the listed date. If the conditions that caused the country to be designated for TPS continue past the expiration date, TPS status is often extended. El Salvador – March 9, 2015Haiti – January 22, 2016Honduras – January 5, 2015Nicaragua – January 5, 2015Somalia – Sept 17, 2015Sudan – November 2, 2014South Sudan – November 2, 2014Syria – March 31, 2015

Deferred Action Application Form I-821D

The process of applying for Deferred Action for Childhood arrivals (DACA) involves many steps. With our Form Navigator™ we guide you step-by-step through this process, ensure you meet the eligibility requirements and complete your Form I-821D accurately.

Deferred Action

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals is a new policy enacted on August 15th, 2012 to benefit undocumented youth in the United States. The policy offers eligible candidates a pardon from deportation and the opportunity to stay for 2 years with a work permit. Deferred Action is a reaction to the failed DREAM Act and a milestone for DREAMers across America. Unlike the DREAM Act, Deferred Action unfortunately does not offer a path to a green card (permanent residence) or citizenship.


The DREAM Act is a failed program of modern legislation that was intended to serve undocumented young immigrants in the United States. The DREAM Act is an acronym for Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors. The bill proposed to provide conditional green cards (permanent residency) to undocumented youth who met certain necessary requirements such as having a high school education and having come to the United States before the age of 16. President Barack Obama promised complete immigration reform during his second term in office. Many DREAMers are hopeful his heartfelt promises will result in a real venue to becoming legally integrated into the United States.

How to Apply for Deferred Action

The Application for Deferred Action is Form I-821D, Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals. As a part of the process, Deferred Action applicants are required to provide documentation as proof of eligibility requirements. These requirements are: You were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;You were brought to the United States before your 16th birthday;You have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007 up to present time;You were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of filing your application;You are currently in school, have graduated high school, have obtained a GED, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States; andYou have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security.